The work on the project shall be initiated in the beginning of the second year and the duration of the project is for two (3rd & 4th) semesters.
A candidate shall be allowed to submit the project report only after fulfilling the attendance requirements of all the semesters with the approval of PRC and within the stipulated time prescribed by the University Authorities. For the approval of PRC the candidate shall submit the copy of thesis to the Director, IST, JNTUK (through Head of the Department) and shall make an oral presentation before the PRC.
Area of interest for SIT students includes: Biodiversity, Coastal Zone management, Watershed management, Infrastructure management, Environmental Impact assessment & mapping mining areas, Surveys with GPS and DGPS. The students are supported to do their projects in APSRAC, NRSC, SAC, IIRS, etc.
- Percentage of students done/doing in-house projects including inter-departmental projects -10%
- Percentage of students done/doing projects in collaboration with other universities / industry / institute- 90%
- National Remote Sensing Centre (ISRO), Hyderabad.
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (ISRO), Dehradun.
- Space Application Centre (ISRO), Ahmadabad.
- National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Tirupathi.
- National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj (NIRD & PR), Hyderabad
- Andhra Pradesh Space Application Centre (APSAC), Vijayawada.
- and many other Private Organizations/Institutions.